NMSU EH&S is charged with maintaining an inventory of hazardous materials at the university. This is required by the following standards:
- OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
- NMSU Hazard Communication Program
- Department of Homeland Security Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards
To meet these requirements EH&S has developed an on-line Chemical Inventory Database (EH&S Assist). EH&S Chemical Permits are assigned to individual faculty and staff with supervisor responsibilities in areas where hazardous materials are used and stored. Chemical Permit holders are responsible for entering the required information on hazardous materials in their areas of responsibility into the system.
Permit Holders can access the inventory database via the link below and log in using their My NMSU login name and password. Work area inventories must be updated at least annually and a printed copy of the inventory kept with the Safety Data Sheets (SDS). Guidance on ‘How To’ perform specific functions within the online chemical inventory system are also linked below:
- Log on to NMSU Chemical Inventory Database (Registered/Authorized Users Only)
- How To: Add a Authorized Worker to an Existing Chemical Permit
- How To: Add a Chemical to the Chemical Inventory
- How To: Display and Print the Chemical Inventory
- How To: Transfer a Chemical to a Different Room Listed on a Chemical Permit (To add a new room to an existing permit, contact EH&S).
If you need a Chemical Permit, cannot access the Chemical Inventory Database, or need help working within the database please contact the EH&S Department at (575) 646-3327.