The NMSU Asbestos Management Program operates with the following objectives:
- Minimize employee and NMSU community exposure to airborne asbestos fibers.
- Provide technical services related to asbestos removal projects.
- Ensure asbestos abatement waste is disposed of properly.
- Comply with the applicable regulatory requirements.
For project work and assessments, please contact EH&S at (575) 646-3327. A work order request will be issued to the Asbestos Assistant Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager will contact you for details and conduct the necessary services. For after hour urgent requests, please contact the NMSU Police Department at (575) 646-3311.
For additional information on the Asbestos Management Program, please see links listed below:
- Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Program
- Asbestos Containing Materials – Pre-1982 Buildings
- Asbestos Regulations
- Asbestos Bans
- Asbestos Awareness Training