You may think working in a comfy, climate-controlled office is safe and hazard-free, but there are many risks to your safety and health all around you. Can you spot the hazards in this one-minute video, https://bit.ly/2x1czCi, from the National Safety Council?
Tips to help prevent possible injuries:
- Check your workstation for exposed electrical cords and other tripping hazards
- Avoid ergonomic hazards (properly elevated chairs and workstations)
- Shut file cabinet drawers when not in use
- Store heavy objects close to the floor and out of walkways
- Avoid space heaters which could ignite nearby materials
- Make sure cups and glasses have lids on them to prevent spills
- Avoid distracted walking
These and other safety tips are available at https://www.nsc.org/. NMSU’s Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management department has office safety and ergonomics information at http://safety.nmsu.edu/occupational-safety/office-safety.