Even though the primary risk for spreading viruses like SARS-CoV-2 (which causes COVID-19) is directly from another person, it is still important to keep work surfaces clean. As employees start returning to campus, each of us will be responsible for keeping our own work areas clean. Here are some tips:
- If you are sick, don’t come into work. The best way to avoid spreading germs is to not be here spreading germs.
- When possible, have your own office supplies and avoid sharing with others. While it is possible to clean and disinfect a pen, sometimes it is just better to have your own.
- Wipe down equipment like telephones, keyboards and computer mice at the beginning and end of each day, using either a disinfecting wipe or a micro-fiber that has been sprayed with a registered disinfectant.
- At the end of the day, spray doorknobs with a disinfectant, and allow them to dry on their own.
- If you use a common area, such as a break room, clean up after yourself immediately when you are done, and wipe down anything you touched or used (including kitchen faucets, stoves, chairs and tables).
- Continue to take care of yourself by washing your hands frequently, and/or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.