COVID-19 vaccines are now available for everyone 16 years old and older. While New Mexico State University encourages everyone to get vaccinated, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is urging the public to continue following these safety measures after being vaccinated:
- Everyone 2 years old and older should wear masks in public (wear your mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin).
- Stay six feet (about two arm lengths) away from others. Remember people without symptoms may spread the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces daily.
- Monitor your health daily. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Especially important if you are running essential errands, going into the office or workplace and in settings where it may be difficult to maintain physical distance.
For more about NMSU’s Pandemic Action Plan, visit the NMSU Now site; NMSU Environmental Health and Safety; Aggie Health and Wellness Center; New Mexico Department of Health; and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.