To minimize and reduce injury, illness and external regulatory violations, EHS&RM provides NMSU with an aggressive proactive internal inspection program. This is a multi-approach safety surveillance of workers and workplace as well as after the fact injury investigation to prevent similar incidents.
To maintain this program, EHS&RM performs many different types of inspections periodically across all campuses, all Agricultural Extension Centers and any other NMSU affiliated facility throughout the state of New Mexico. The following are examples of the many types of inspection EHS&RM performs.
- Building Inspection
- Shop Inspection & Shop Floor Checklist
- Laboratory Inspection
- Agricultural Science Center Inspection
- Analytical X-Ray Inspection
- Hazardous Waste Satellite Accumulation Point Inspection
- Stormwater Management Plan Inspection
- SPCC Departmental Monthly Inspection Logs
- Utility Cart Safety Inspection
For instruction on how to perform a general safety self-inspection for a building or a specific workspace please review the following presentation.