Employees are responsible for assuring that all hazardous materials, regulated waste, untreated infectious waste, special waste, radioactive waste, regulated pharmaceutical waste and other miscellaneous liquid or semi-liquid wastes are disposed of properly. These materials require special disposal and can not be discarded in campus dumpsters, trash, drains, or compactor units.
Disposal of hazardous, biological and radioactive materials is provided and/or coordinated (generally without charge to the department) by Environmental, Health and Safety.
Producers of campus refuse are responsible for the proper segregation of wastes into the above-mentioned types. Departments improperly handling or disposing of these materials will incur costs associated with the improper action.
- Hazardous Waste Stickers (Print on Avery Labels)
- Hazardous Waste Manual
- Function Specific Hazardous Waste Procedures
- Unknown Chemical Chargeback
- Equipment Decommission/Disposal
- Laboratory Decommission Procedure/Form
- Hazardous Waste Management Training
- Wastewater Sewage Discharge Limits
- Empty Lab Container Disposal
- Environmental Recommendations for Construction Contractors
- Ethidium Bromide Disposal
- Fluorescent Lamp Waste Procedures
- Microblaze: Bio-digestion of Organic Spills
- Vapor Seal and Proper Waste Cap Guideline
- Hazard Waste Accumulation Point Inspection Checklist
Please contact EH&S at (575)-646-3327 to schedule a hazardous waste pick up or for additional information.