While at work, many of spend most of our time indoors. The air we breathe can sometimes put us at risk for health problems. Some pollutants can be chemicals, gases, or mold. If there is concern in your building please contact EH&S immediately at (575) 646-3327 and someone will be sent out to inspect the area. For additional information and guidance regarding indoor air quality, please review the following links.
- IAQ & Mold Informational Presentation
- Molds & Moisture
- EPA – An Introduction to Indoor Air Quality
- OSHA – Indoor Air Quality Standards
- NMSU Rule on Volatiles Use (indoors) (pesticide use)
- NMSU Smoking Policy – Summary: Smoking of tobacco products is prohibited in all buildings (limited exceptions) owned or leased by the university as well as within 25 feet of entrance or exit, vehicles, and during some organized outdoor events on university property. Details (below)