Report Work Related Injuries and Illness

For guidance on selection of the correct form, please review Reporting Safety Issues, Injuries or Property Damage.


All work-related injuries should be reported to your supervisor using the Notice of Accident Form. Even if you do not seek medical attention at the time, your injury should still be reported. Reporting can help address a potential issue to minimize risk of injuries in the future. In addition, reporting will ensure you can still qualify for workers’ compensation in the future, should you need it.  

In general, you should give your supervisor written notice within 15 days after you know that your injury is connected to your job. For more information and required forms please visit the NMSU Workers’ Comp website or contact the Coordinator at 575-646-7375.