Common Safety Training for General Work Areas





Do you need to drive university vehicles?


Do you need to drive university golf carts or other low-speed utility carts?

Do you want to learn the principles of back safety and injury prevention in order to help you reduce or prevent work-related back injuries?

Do you work with or near hazardous chemicals or materials?

Do you generate waste containing hazardous chemicals biological hazards (tissues, body fluids, infectious agents) or other hazardous materials?


Do you provide first aid services, work with or have the potential to be in contact with human blood, body fluids, or tissues?

Bloodborne Pathogens (Instructor-led)

Do you need to wear a fit-fitting respirator (full-face, half-face, N-95)?

Respirator Protection Training & Fit Testing (Online)
Do you work with electricity or repair machinery where an unexpected restart, re-energize or restart could cause injury?

Do you work with machinery such as drill presses, lathes, table saws or CNC machines with protective guards?

Do you apply or work in areas where pesticides, herbicides or fungicides are applied (farms, agricultural fields or greenhouses)?

Do you use ladders?
Do you work with hand and small power tools?
Do you perform maintenance or housekeeping in areas with asbestos?

Do you operate a forklift? 

Do you sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time?
Do operate an overhead or gantry crane?
List above is not a complete list of safety training.  Required training will vary depending on worker's specific work duties and job functions.  For most people, multiple safety training classes will be required.  See Class Descriptions for a complete list of safety training offered.